List of the projects
Development of a 3D foot finite element model for diabetic foot prevention.
Development of a 2D finite element model of the heel pad for diabetic foot prevention.
2014-2016 University Project, PI Claudio Cobelli: “Development of a multi-physics diabetic foot model for plantar ulcers prevention in diabetic subjects”.
- Sciumè G, Guiotto A, Sawacha Z, Boso D, Cobelli C and Schrefler B. A porous media approach for foot biomechanics. XII International Conference on Computational Plasticity. Fundamentals and Applications (COMPLAS XII) Proceedings, 2013. ISI.
- Guiotto A, Sawacha Z, Guarneri G, Avogaro A, Cobelli C. 3D finite element model of the diabetic neuropathic foot: a gait analysis driven approach. Journal of Biomechanics 2014 Sep 22;47(12):3064-71.
- Guiotto A, Sawacha Z, Scarton A, Guarneri G, Avogaro A, Cobelli C. Finite element modeling and cluster analysis: a combined approach for identification of diabetic foot patients at risk of plantar ulcers. Proceeding ICMMB 2014. ISBN: 9788890167515.
- Guiotto A, Scarton A, Sawacha Z, Guarneri G, Avogaro A, Cobelli C. Gait analysis driven 2D finite element model of the neuropathic hindfoot. Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology. In Press 2015.
- Z Sawacha and Bernhard Schrefler. Chapter 22 – “Finite element modelling in musculoskeletal biomechanics”. Modelling Methodology For Physiology And Medicine Edited By Ewart Carson And Claudio Cobelli, Elsevier, 2013, (ISBN: 978-0-12-411557-6).
- Guiotto A, Scarton A, Camporese V, Cobelli C, Sawacha Z. Subject-specific modelling of the foot integrating finite element modelling, gait analysis and OpenSim: proof of concept in diabetic neuropathic subjects. XXV Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics in Glasgow, UK from 12th to 16th July 2015.
- Scarton A, Sawacha Z, Cobelli C, Li X. Towards the generation of a parametric foot model using principal component analysis. XXV Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics in Glasgow, UK from 12th to 16th July 2015.
- Scarton A, Aerts W, Guiotto G, Sawacha Z, Jonkers I, Vander Sloten J, Cobelli C. Biomechanical analysis of the diabetic foot: an integrated approach using gait analysis, musculoskelatal models and finite element simulations. "Wyss Annual Diabetes Symposium Lower Extremity: Innovations and Discovery" Boston on the 27 of March 2015.
- Scarton A, Aerts W, Guiotto G, Sawacha Z, Jonkers I, Vander Sloten J, Cobelli C. Gait analysis driven finite element simulations: towards the use of opensim Output as boundary condition. Proceedings 1st Clinical Movement Analysis World Conference, ROME, 29th September - 4th October 2014.